All kinds of weather, we stick together,
The same in the rain or sun.
Two different faces, but in tight places,
We think and we act as one.
Today is my sister, Elisabeth’s, eleventh birthday.
Trust me, most of the time, she acts wayyyy older than her age, which is nice since we’ve become Great Friends as of about five-and-a-half months ago. Why so exact, you might ask? Because I was introduced to Combat! about five-and-a-half months ago, and I firmly hold to the belief that that’s what made us such good pals, mainly because fangirling is such a great way to bond. We picked up a set of Uno cards one day (well, Mom bought them), and started the grand tradition of playing the game every night while we discussed Combat! and other miscellaneous things (but mostly C!). We can be quite loud/dramatic sometimes, and there’s quite a lot of giggling involved, and most of the time we’re (note for Elisabeth: animated movie quotes + you-know-what) more than a little immature – but it’s also loads of fun. (And we’ve now got quite a collection of inside jokes, which is splendid.)
Anywhoozle. I’m not going to write a bunch of mushy-gushy stuff, because that’s not the kind of person I am (hey, Elisabeth, when you read this, tell me right away what those last few words made you think of) so it would be kind of weird, and Elisabeth knows that she’s prrrrretty much my best friend (*wink*), so I don’t need to go into a lot of detail. What I will say, though, is that I greatly admire her patience, mainly with me, because I’m extremely forgetful about Little Things, and I depend on her to remind me of what that certain character said and what Combat! episode it was where so-and-so did such-and-such, etc. And sometimes she gets a wee bit frustrated with all my questions, although I get frustrated with her too, because she’s finicky about things (such as getting movie quotes exactly right) that I take a more relaxed view of. (She also puts up with my ‘tends-to-be-very-enthusiastic’ fangirling over Certain People – fictional and non-fictional.)
Since this post really is sort of a present for Elisabeth’s birthday, I’ll get down to the main point of the post, which is a pretty long (and definitely not complete) list of books and movies and fictional characters and people and things that she likes. Mainly so that I can see her facial expressions when she reads certain things on this list. (MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…) And hopefully she’ll finish reading this and have what I call ‘the fangirl glow’ where you’re so full of happiness and feels that you’re just about ready to burst from the awesomeness of practically everything.
Without further ado (ugh, what a cliche), THE LIST:
- Hanley (this would have to be first, wouldn’t it?)
- Lemonade (yes, I DID just put that down)
- Chocolate ice cream (well, pretty much all girls like that, but anyway…)
- The calender hanging up in our room (the one that’s still set to ‘January 2015’)
- Underland Chronicles (duh)
- Hamnet (ditto)
- Gregory Peck movies (To Kill A Mockingbird and Roman Holiday and Pork Chop Hill FOR THE WIN)
- Practically anything related to Combat!, but especially Brockmeyer (and Avery, Hicks, Lovelace, Grady…)
- Stalag 17 (soooo happy that this is one of your favorite movies now)
- SIR PERRRRRCY (because who doesn’t love him?)
- Steve McQueen riding a motorcycle cross-country while being chased by hordes of angry Germans (I remembered the phrase I used two nights ago – BE PROUD OF ME)
- Hiccup and Astrid/Gregor and Luxa (we are alike on this)
- Pinterest (oh, yesssssss)
- Deacon and Gunderson and Saints & Soldiers in general (even if they do give us both massive amounts of Feels)
- Baking (cake, mostly)
- Cobie (at least I HOPE)
- The 1940’s (why can’t we just go back in time and live there permanently?)
- A bunch of other things that I can’t remember right now… (I told you that I’m forgetful)
And as a last word: We make a sensational team.