My next interview post features Elisabeth Grace, who blogs over at The Second Sentence.
1. Favorite book series? The Anne of Green Gables series. I’ve re-read all the books multiple times and am very fond of them all (the first two and Rilla of Ingleside are my favorites).
2. Favorite animated movie? If short films count, Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. I watched it so many times when I was little that I can still practically recite it by heart. (“Someone’s pasted Piglet on my window!”)
3. Favorite food? You know, it’s probably apple pie. Because I’m always in the mood for apple pie, and it always seems to have disappeared before I’ve had my fill of it (I’m not the only one in the house who likes it).
4. Favorite actor? I’m always terrible with this question. I’m not sure I have a #1 favorite, and if I do, it changes from time to time. I will say, I pretty much always know it’s going to be entertaining watching Humphrey Bogart.
5. Favorite actress? Even harder. Hmmm…well, I’ve always rather liked Dorothy McGuire.
6. Favorite TV show? The Virginian. That is to say, the few dozen episodes I’ve seen are my favorite TV episodes to watch. If you want to pick a show where I’ve seen almost the whole series, it would be The Andy Griffith Show.
7. Favorite author? I think it’s kind of a tie between O. Henry and B.M. Bower.
8. Favorite colour? Coral.
9. Favorite fictional couple? Currently, I’d say Bibbs Sheridan and Mary Vertrees in The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington.
10. Favorite real life couple? I don’t know a whole lot about any famous couples, so I’ll pick an obscure one from the memoirs and history books I’ve read: Walter and Nannie Alderson. From the bits about them throughout Nannie’s memoir A Bride Goes West, they sound like a happy and devoted couple, and there was a fair bit of romance in the way they met and got to know each other.
11. Favorite quote? “The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves—say rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ~ Victor Hugo, Les Miserables
12. Favorite female character? I’m guessing this means movie/TV characters? Miss Pole from Cranford.
13. Favorite male character? By the same criteria, Randy Benton from The Virginian.
14. Favorite band/singer? The Sons of the Pioneers.
15. Favorite song? Right now it’s “Skylark,” performed by Glenn Miller and his orchestra.
16. Favorite birthday? Hmmm. Most of my birthdays have been very happy, but my sixteenth birthday was a memorable one—my parents took me out to dinner at a fancy restaurant, with live music played on a grand piano during dinner for entertainment.
17. Favorite holiday? Christmas.
18. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate.