Petie, from all things bright and beautiful, is my next interviewee.
1. Favorite book series? My childhood favourite book series was definitely The Boxcar Children. I owned maybe thirty of them and re-read them countless times. I haven’t read many book series as an adult, preferring to stick to my faithful classic literature, but if I had to choose a favourite I would say either The Mysterious Benedict Society or The Hunger Games.
2. Favorite animated movie? Though Beauty and the Beast will forever and always be my biggest Disney animated love, I have a wild infatuation with the How To Train Your Dragon movies. Not only are they my favourite animated films, they rank among my favourite films of all time. I think it’s because friendship stories really resonate with me, and I appreciate them more than I ever have romance or chick-flicks. And let’s be honest, the bond between Hiccup and Toothless is one for the books.
3. Favorite food? Does coffee count? Okay, then probably pizza. Or bread. Or crispy duck from England. Ugh, I can’t decide.
4. Favorite actor? I know his popularity has died down some, but I have always held a fondness for Russell Crowe. I have seen more of his movies than any other actor, some of his films are among my top favourites, and honestly I could listen to his voice for hours. Next to him, I quite enjoy Tom Hanks, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Harrison Ford.
5. Favorite actress? I don’t think I’ve ever had a favourite actress… I can’t even think of one at this moment. Maybe Emma Thompson or Scarlett Johannsson?
6. Favorite TV show? I hardly watch any TV, so from my limited pool of options, I’ll have to go with the BBC Robin Hood series.
7. Favorite author? Probably my all-time favourite is Charles Dickens, closely followed by Ted Dekker or Dauphne de Maurier.
8. Favorite colour? Orange. It’s so bright and gorgeous and happy.
9. Favorite fictional couple? Oh goodness… All right, my favourite is probably Fagan and Cadi from The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers. Technically, by fandom standards, I suppose they’re not an official couple, but I just love both of them so much.
10. Favorite real life couple? Anyone who knows me can guess what’s coming… William Wilberforce and Barbara Spooner. WW is by far my favourite historical figure, and I love reading about his life with Barbara, and how he proposed to her eight days after having first met her. I’m also a fan of their adorable and inspiring portrayal in the film Amazing Grace, which also happens to be my favourite movie.
11. Favorite quote? “Would you like an adventure now, or shall we have our tea first?” – Peter Pan. Maybe it’s not incredibly deep, but it pretty much sums up my life in so many ways.
12. Favorite female character? I have issues with narrowing down, so… Eponine from Les Miserables, Cadi from The Last Sin Eater, or the young Mrs. De Winter from Rebecca.
13. Favorite male character? Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird. Hands-down. But another favourite is Walter Mitty from The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. He’s precious.
14. Favorite band/singer? But there are so many! My favourite bands are The Oh Hellos, Hillsong United, Mumford & Sons, and Rend Collective. Don’t make me choose just one.
15. Favorite song? My favourite song of all time is impossible to choose, so I’ll just say that currently my favourite song is “Gracious Tempest” by Hillsong Young and Free. I’ve pretty much had it on repeat for the past two weeks.
16. Favorite birthday? Either my 16th or my 20th. My sixteenth birthday was memorable because I had a huge volleyball party with people who are very special to me. My twentieth birthday was a favourite because we combined it with a send-off party right before I left to live in England for three months.
17. Favorite holiday? Probably New Years’ Eve, because who doesn’t love a good party?
18. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate chip cookie dough is always a good idea, but lately I’ve found I desire nothing more than a good old-fashioned vanilla.