My second-to-last interviewee is Ashley, who shares her thoughts at inklings press.
1. Favorite book series? OH MY GOSH. EVAAAAAAAAAAAAA. How can you start out an interview like that? You know I can’t ever decide… ugh. Fine. Okay. After a lot of thought, I think I’m gonna go with the Hunger Games trilogy. AND the Penderwicks series. Because they’re both awesome and I couldn’t decide. : D
2. Favorite animated movie? Hmm… I don’t watch too many animated movies, but I still love them. I think I’m gonna have to go with Tangled. Because why not. It’s got great music, characters, and so many quotable lines. It’s amazing. Relationship goals, people.
3. Favorite food? Chocolate trifle, hands down. No thought required. It’s a layer of brownies, then chocolate pudding, then Cool Whip, repeat, top with Ghiradelli chocolate chips. *melts in a puddle of rainbows*
4. Favorite actor? I think it’s Stanley Tucci. He’s absolutely fantastic in everything I’ve seen him in, and it’s amazing how he can change for each character. My favorite of his roles is probably either the dad from Easy A (a movie I can’t completely recommend) or Nigel from The Devil Wears Prada (a movie I can recommend). He brings such a life to every role he’s given – exampled in his guest starring spot on the detective show Monk, for which he got an Emmy. Talk about talent.
5. Favorite actress? Ugh, this is so hard. I’ve only recently started watching movies because of the actors that are in them – I generally will watch the movie because of the story, not because of the actors. If I had to pick, I’d say it’s a toss-up between Emma Stone and Jennifer Lawrence. I love them both as actors and as people. I’d love to be friends with them in real life.
6. Favorite TV show? BOY MEETS WORLD. Once again, no hesitation. Yes, it’s a Disney show, but it was made during the Golden Age of Disney Channel, so therefore, it’s awesome. It’s hilarious, but it’s also full of heart and lessons and lines/scenes/episodes/season/series that will make you cry. (It’s gotten to the point where I can’t make it through an episode with dry eyes.) We get to see the main character and his friends go through the joyful and painful process of growing up, and it’s amazing. (Now I’d better stop before I start really fangirling on you.)
7. Favorite author? Rainbow Rowell. My favorite of her books is Fangirl, which is basically my life in novel form. I’m totally addicted to her writing. I also love John Green, and not only because of his awesome books, but because of how awesome he is as a person. He’s such an amazing man.
8. Favorite colour? Green! Any shade. ; )
9. Favorite fictional couple? Everlark (Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark, The Hunger Games), Clintasha (Natasha Romanov aka Black Widow and Clint Barton aka Hawkeye from the Marvel movies, which is, tragically, a non-canon ship thanks to AoU *glares at Joss*), Dizzie (Lizzie and Darcy from Pride and Prejudice, specifically The Lizzie Bennet Diaries), and Copanga (Cory Matthews and Topanga Laurence from Boy Meets World). What? Did you think I’d be able to decide? Goshhhh. : P
10. Favorite real life couple? Laura Osnes and Nathan Johnson. Because they’re adorable. (This is a celebrity couple because I’m currently a Single Pringle. My favorite real life couple will be myself and my man.)
11. Favorite quote? ‘If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write.’ – Martin Luther (And we all know what HE did!)
12. Favorite female character? Wow, that’s hard. I think I’m gonna go with Jo March. I’m so much like her, it’s hard not to love her! I also love Maddie from Code Name Verity and Eowyn from Lord of the Rings. (I’m sure there are a ton more, but I can’t think of any right now.)
13. Favorite male character? Faramir from Lord of the Rings. He’s one of my favorite male characters in all of literature because he’s the definition of a true leader. Love him to bits and pieces. I also love Mac from Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom (both of which I really ought to re-read), Jett Green and Jimmy Gresham from The Berinfell Prophecies, and Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables (played to perfection by Jonathan Crombie and Tanner Gillman). Also Clint Barton, especially from the Matt Fraction Hawkeye comics (“Aww, coffee, no…”) and Steve Rogers from the Captain America movies. (Wow, this paragraph is longer than the previous one. Wonder why…?)
14. Favorite band/singer? Tenth Avenue North, Josh Groban, Jimmy Needham, and Hunter Hayes. (And Taylor Swift and Aaron Tveit and Laura Osnes and Sierra Boggess and Ramin Karimloo and Idina Menzel…)
15. Favorite song? I’m currently stuck on ‘Smile’ by Mikky Ekko. It was in the Paper Towns trailer and I’ve been listening to it basically nonstop. I also love Josh Groban’s rendition of ‘Anthem,’ and ‘Better Than This’ by Hunter Hayes, which is the theme song of my life.
16. Favorite birthday? Last year, my twentieth, because I spent the entire day before with my best friend. We went shopping, had Ghiradelli ice cream, and I introduced her to The Giver, which she really enjoyed. I enjoy all of my birthdays, though. : )
17. Favorite holiday? CHRISTMAAAAAAASSSS. I like giving gifts more than I like getting them, so it’s pretty special for me in that way. I love spending huge amounts of time with friends and relatives you don’t get to see very often. Also, it’s the time of the year that I’m reminded of Christ’s sacrifice for us the most, and I’m constantly blown away by His love for me.
18. Favorite ice cream flavor? Mint chocolate chip!