I know we’re already two months into 2016 (WHAT) but I’ve been going through a reading slump recently, so I figured some concrete goals wouldn’t hurt. I’m not committing myself to read a certain number of books and the books on this list aren’t all the books I’ll be reading this year – I bring home random books from the library all the time – but at least it’s a starting point. Comment if you see any favorites OR if you have books I think I should add.
(Titles with an asterisk are re-reads.)
- The complete Anne of Green Gables series*, the Pat books, and Magic for Marigold by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- Celia Garth and Jubilee Trail by Gwen Bristow.
- Guns of the Navarone, Force 10 From Navarone, and Fear is the Key by Alistair MacLean.
- Anne of Green Gables, My Daughter, and Me by Lorilee Craker.
- The Brontë Plot by Katherine Reay.
- The American Family Portrait series* and the Songs in the Night series* by Jack Cavanaugh.
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.
- Lord of the Flies* by William Golding.
- Gone With the Wind* by Margaret Mitchell.
- Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein.
- My Cousin Rachel and Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier.
- Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card.
- The Sweetest Thing by Elizabeth Musser.
- A Tale of Two Cities* and Great Expectations* by Charles Dickens.
- Unbroken* by Laura Hillenbrand.
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes.
- Chasing Jupiter by Rachel Coker.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- True Grit* by Charles Portis.
- The Uglies series* by Scott Westerfield.