Sorry I haven’t been around much – life’s been fairly busy as of late, which puts ‘writing blog posts’ pretty far down on my list of things to do. Also, even though I have a couple of posts waiting for me in the drafts folder, my well of inspiration when it comes to blog posts (and writing in general?) has gone dry. I’d love suggestions for blog posts you’d like to see from me in the future, I really would.
I’ve been so busy because…
- Dad and Mom have had lots more errands to do and appointments to attend than they used to, so I’m Babysitter #1 right now.
- Exams are due for the college courses I’m taking with my grandpa.
- Books + movies – still pretty essential.
- Prayer + Bible reading – even more so, though I have to admit that I’m not doing as much of either as I should be.
- I still do like to, y’know, eat on occasion. *wink*
Things are settling down on the babysitting front, though, because Dad’s doing loads better (thanks for all your prayers, guys!) and I’m almost finished writing my exams, so I have more time to be online and read and all that. Which is great. Oh, and another thing that’s been eating into my time is that my sisters and I decided to let Dad and Mom have our room(s), which has been a huge undertaking. In the words of Helen Parr…why do we have so much junk? 🙂 Finding a place to put everything has been a bit tricky, but we’re all moved in now and everything’s fine. (I’m so glad I wrote a post about our old rooms, ’cause it’ll be nice to remember everything as it was.)
Some other little bits of my life right now:
- Watched I’m Not Ashamed. It was even better than I thought it’d be and I’ll most likely have a review up sometime this week.
- Read Fear is the Key by Alistair MacLean. He’s pretty much the master of the plot twist, in my opinion.
- Writing (kinda sorta) an Indiana Jones/Night at the Museum crossover fanfiction. I can’t believe no one’s written one before now.
- Re-watched ‘Secret Ballot’ in prep for the Favorite TV Show Episode Blogathon and it’s still as powerful as ever.
- The exams I’ve been working on are actually pretty fun. Still challenging and a lot of work and all that, but fun.
- I showed my little brothers Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade recently and, of course, they LOVED them. (The fast-forward button came in handy, though, since it doesn’t take a lot to freak them out.) Harrison Ford is still the best. (Along with Tom Cruise, of course.)
Also: (just a random list of my current favorites)
- Favorite books: Holes by Louis Sachar & The Book Thief by Markus Zusak & The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shafer and Annie Barrow
- Favorite movies: Cars & Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade & I’m Not Ashamed
- Favorite TV show: Monk
- Favorite actor: Tom Cruise
- Favorite actress: Diane Baker
- Favorite food: PIZZA
- Favorite drink: Coffee
- Favorite book of the Bible: Psalms (Old Testament) & Acts (New Testament)
- Favorite chapter of the Bible: Psalm 119
- Favorite blog: Wonderland Creek
- Favorite flavor: Orange
- Favorite musical: The Happiest Millionaire
Anyway, I hope that gives you a good idea of what my life has been over the past several days. How about you?
(My and my little Lightning McQueen in a rather horrible quality taken-with-my-laptop’s-webcam photo.)