Hamlette tagged me with the Liebster award (thank you, Hamlette!), so here it is.
Eleven (hopefully not boring) facts about myself:
- My favorite flavor is lemon.
- I adore the Oxford comma.
- My new favorite actor is Glenn Ford.
- I share a birthday with Alan Ladd.
- My favorite comic strip is Calvin & Hobbes.
- I’m of Germanic + British + American descent.
- My middle name is Ruth.
- I currently own Lego minifigures of Mr. Incredible, Bucky, and Wyldestyle. (Wyldstyle id a key-chain minifig.)
- I named the horse + rider token in my family’s Monopoly game ‘Shane’.
- My favorite Disney song is ‘Go the Distance’.
- I have a hard time coming up with facts about myself.
1. Is there a movie that has really yummy-looking food in it that you’d love to eat? Well, I don’t know how yummy-looking it is, but I’ve always thought that the mushroom soup in ‘Journey to the Center of the Earth’ (1959) would be delicious. And I’m not even a soup person!
2. What era do most of your favorite movies take place in? My favorite movies are all over the place when it comes to a specific time era. I do love war films and westerns, though.
3. What two actors/actresses have you always hoped would make a movie together, but didn’t/haven’t yet? I haven’t really thought about it that much, so I’m bypassing this question, at least for now. (If I do think of something after I publish this post, I’ll come back and add it in later.)
4. If money and time and supplies (and crafting ability) were not considerations, what movie character would you love to cosplay or dress up like for Halloween? Wyldstyle/Lucy. She’s pretty awesome and her hoodie is cool and her hair would be fun to copy for once. (As long as I didn’t need to get it semi-permanently dyed or anything.)
5. Have you ever cosplayed or dressed up like a movie or TV character for Halloween? My family doesn’t celebrate Halloween, but I have cosplayed a couple of times. Once as Moffitt from the TV show ‘The Rat Patrol’ and once as Jed from the Night at the Museum movies (playing opposite my sister’s Octavius).
6. What movie would your friends/family be surprised to learn you truly enjoyed? I’m very vocal about my movie loves, so I have no idea.
7. What’s one book you hope no one ever makes into a film? That’s a tough one…because who doesn’t want their favorite books turned into movies? I guess, though, that having no Jack Cavanaugh movies is better than having wretched book-to-film adaptions of his books, right? (And the same holds true for any of my beloved books that haven’t made the leap from page to screen.)
8. Do you know the Wilhelm Scream when you hear it? Yes! So do all my older siblings, I think.
9. When a character onscreen has to hold their breath, to you try to hold your breath to match theirs? Sometimes, sometimes not.
10. What upcoming movies (or TV series) are you excited about? ‘Wonder’ (2017) and ‘Cars 3’ (2017).
11. What are some of your favorite movie-oriented blogs? (Or just blogs that post movie reviews sometimes.) I follow a lot of blogs that are movie-oriented, but most of them are not read (by me) with great regularity. The only blogs I read a lot are those written by friends, people I know quite well – my taste for reading blog posts has dropped quite a bit in the past while.
- Do you own any pets?
- What’s your favorite animated movie?
- What was the last book you read?
- Are you Introverted, Extroverted, or somewhere in between?
- Who’s one actor/actress everyone likes except you?
- Who’s one actor/actress nobody seems to like and/or know of except you?
- Can you whistle?
- What’s your favorite number?
- Do you collect fandom mugs?
- Louisa May Alcott or Lucy Maud Montgomery?
- Chocolate or cheese?
I am not tagging eleven people, so if my questions intrigue you and you want to play, go right ahead.