200 followers, guys. You guys. How insanely epic is that?!
(Actually, it’s 201 followers. WOOT.) I mean…it’s just…I’m overwhelmed. I transferred over from Blogger to WordPress on Christmas Day 2014 and it’s been amazing ever since. All your follows and comments, emails and likes and love have kept me blogging through so many things. Sometimes I’ll write a blog post with a specific person in mind, someone who I knew reads every post of mine and always comments. It’s been an epic journey and I can’t wait to spend the next weeks, months, and years with y’all. THANK YOU for putting up with all my feels, fangirling, life stuff, writing troubles, and so, SO much more. You seriously put a smile on my face year ’round. ❤
Even though this post is mostly a celebration of all of you, I wanted to share a top ten of my favorite blog posts since I missed celebrating my 300th post (I’m a little past that now) and I thought it would be interesting. I’ll just do a straight-up list, without commentary, ’cause the posts themselves are commentary enough.
- THIS is how you fandom, fandom
- movie review: the ox-bow incident
- adventures at the local flea market
- seven awesome things about Mag7
- my top twenty favorite combat! episodes
- valentine’s day 2016: fifteen favorite OTPs
- a love letter to westerns
- five good reasons to watch ‘psych’
- what Jesus did for me
- glenn ford as ben wade in ‘3:10 to yuma’ (1957)
There were several other favorites I found while going through the archives, but those are the best, IMO. Enjoy!
And now for the giveaway… *drumroll activated*
I thought it would be fun to have three prizes, with each one representing one part of my blog’s name – coffee, classics, and craziness. It was a great idea, if I do say so myself, but I ended up combining the three prizes into one big prize pack because each is embarrassingly small (I’m only a poor teenager!). But I think it’s a pretty cool giveaway all the same and I hope you like it.
The prize package consists of a package of gourmet coffee (‘coffee’), a delightfully small copy of Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (‘classics’ – it is used and there’s some pencil marks and highlighting, but it’s still so pretty), and a moose notebook (‘craziness’ – because moose are crazy, plus it can also stand for a fourth ‘c’ – Canadian).
- Giveaway open only to residents of Canada and continental USA. (Sorry if you’re not in North America.)
- To enter, leave a comment on this post telling me what blog post of mine you like best. (Also include an email you check frequently so I can contact you if you are the winner.)
- Giveaway is open until September 7th. If I reach 210 followers by then, an extra little surprise something will be added to the prize package. So let people know about the giveaway + my blog. 😉
And that’s about it. Thanks again for everything and enjoy the giveaway.