Rachel, over at Hamlette’s Soliloquy, recently tagged me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thanks, Rachel! Looks like I’ve been nominated for this award at least three times before (o.O), but I’m always open to answering fun, new tag questions.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What’s something good that’s happened to you this year?
First of all, THANK YOU for asking this question. I totally understand that 2020 has been a tough year for the world in general and people in particular (myself included). But it also annoys me when people write 2020 off completely. Yes, there have been tough, even horrendous times (and there’s sure to be more bad stuff to come–and not just in 2020). But this year isn’t a complete waste. No year is. Not unless you let it be.
With that out of the way, something good that’s happened to me this year is that I got a job at a seniors’ home! (Housekeeping.) I’ve never had a job outside of the house before, and even though I’m just a casual worker, I’ll probably be picking up some regular shifts soon. And I get to wear scrubs! Overall, the work is tiring, but it’s also good. Getting the job was an awesome answer to prayer. ❤
2. What was your favorite movie when you were ten years old?
I didn’t think I would be able to figure this out, but after some thought, I believe it was either Fiddler on the Roof or Singin’ in the Rain! (Yep, I have a thing for musicals.) I used to be OBSESSED with Fiddler. I’d crave watching it–and usually the only way I could was on my grandparents’ VHS tapes. And then I was also so entranced with Singin’ in the Rain (at a somewhat later time, I think) that I wrote Gene Kelly’s name in my notebook (#firstcrush–or close to it anyway) and Mom banned my siblings and I from watching the film because we sang the songs ad nauseam.
3. Have you ever discovered you now like a movie or book that you used to dislike?
Well, I recently grew to really appreciate Black Panther (though I’m not sure I actively disliked it before). Oh, and I remember hating Seven Brides for Seven Brothers as a wee child, but now I like it so much that I watched it on my birthday last week.
4. How long have you been blogging?
On this blog? Since 2014. On earlier blogs? Hard to say! In case you’re interested, here’s my cringy old horse blog. And my old book blog. And my old Jane Austen blog. And my old writing blog. I also had a card-making blog before all of those, I believe.
5. What’s your favorite joke?
I have a headache, and I feel like I should know a good joke..but idk. Why don’t you all tell me your favorite instead? 😉
6. What’s a movie or book that people are surprised to learn you enjoy?
I’m going to go with the Dwayne Johnson film, Tooth Fairy, for this one. From an outside perspective, I shouldn’t really love this movie as much as I do. It’s got some rude humor, some cliched angst, some stupid scenes, etc. But…I love it. And the ending almost makes me cry just thinking about it (happy tears, duh). I don’t know if anyone’s surprised that I enjoy it (are you?), but oh well.
7. Do you play croquet?
Nope. We used to own a croquet set and I messed around with it as a kid, but that’s about it.
8. How many blog posts have you published?
Okay, I’m only going with this blog for my answer. 😉 Not any of the other ones mentioned above. Counting this post, I’ve published 624. o.O
9. What’s the next book you plan to read?
Well. I currently have three books I’m reading…but I’m making very slow progress. So I don’t really have another book that I’m planning to read at the moment. We’ll see what happens if/when I finish the three I’m on right now!
10. What’s the next movie you plan to watch?
Don’t have a solid answer for this one either. I would like to revisit all four Avengers movies at some point in the near future. (Especially since I just watched all three Iron Man films for the first time.)
11. Do you want to build a snowman?
Not particularly? However, if the underlying question is “Do you want it to be winter already?”, the answer is YES. Or, more specifically, Christmas time. *heart eyes* Home Alone! Home Alone 2! Carols! Candlight! Christmas trees! Shiny ornaments! The Christmas spirit!
I rest my case.
- What’s the latest you’ve ever stayed up?
- Are you right- or left-handed?
- What’s the best movie you’ve watched this year?
- What’s the best book you’ve read this year?
- Do you prefer Christmas or your birthday?
- Do you keep a journal or a diary?
- Neutrals or pastels?
- What’s your favorite letter of the alphabet?
- What’s your favorite life hack?
- What was the last thing you bought?
- What’s your middle name?
You. Yes, you. The adorable person hunched over their phone/in front of their computer screen. Go forth and accept this award, if you so desire! (Though I am going to specifically tag Maribeth, Olivia, and Annlyel.)